Thursday, July 31, 2008

Favorite Seafood Recipe

Having spent 2 years in Nova Scotia, you would naturally learn to love fresh seafood. Lobsters are fresh and delicious in Nova Scotia and it can be served with many things. One of my favorites from a few years ago are Creamed Lobsters with Puff Pastry Shells. Ideally, it should be served along with English muffins or a tossed salad.

The basic recipe:
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
  • 2 tablespoons diced sweet red bell pepper
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning or other seasoned salt blend
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 cups diced cooked lobster meat
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish if desired
  • 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, plus more for garnish, optional
If you like it creamier (which I do prefer), add 5 tablespoons of butter instead of 3 and 3/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese instead of 1/2. Have you guys heard of the Great American Seafood Cook-Off? Personally, I think that my creamier version of this recipe would be a great contender at the cook off. I'm ecstatic for this event because, over the years, I've become a huge seafood lover and because where I live now, the source is known, local and fresh. I'm open to suggestions that will make my favorite seafood dish better, or you can recommend your own favorites. Have fun cooking!

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=d2221218b27fdb4c6030083693cbcb13